Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday's Blessing

I never thought about being a mother . . . and then it just hit me like a ton of bricks . . . those motherly instincts . . . I wanted to be a mother so bad!

And God gave me a beautiful daughter . . .

The 9 months with her inside me was the most wonderful time of my life! No morning sickness, no backaches, no swollen ankles . . . just pure happiness. She took 3 hour naps like clockwork. She slept through the night from almost day one. She never complained. She was so easy to take care of. One of her first words was "occupation!" She is so cool. It's been such a joy watching her grow up. She makes me laugh . . . sooo hard sometimes! She's my best friend. Tonight after we said our prayers she looked at me and in her precious little voice said "Good night mom . . . I love you."

I am blessed more than I could have ever imagined and I thank God for her every day. I know we'll always be okay as we grow together in the Lord . . .

"Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it." Proverbs 22:6

Blessings from Patrice!

No comments:

Post a Comment