Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Children Blessing

Today was the last day of school before Thanksgiving. While I was driving the bus I got on the loud speaker and said to the kids, "Okay everyone . . . As you get off the bus, stop and tell me one thing that you're thankful for." And so they did! (These are kindergarten through 3rd grade)

Alot of them said they were thankful for their moms and dads. Some were thankful for their houses. Some were thankful for their friends. Some were thankful for turkey! tee hee. Some were actually thankful for the bus driver! (they still like me after yelling at them to sit down and be quiet all the time! ha ha!) One was thankful for her dog "Bobo". One said he didn't celebrate Thanksgiving?? Some were thankful for their brothers and sisters. Then the last girl was getting off the bus. I said "And what are YOU thankful for?" and she replied, "I'm thankful for my mom, my dad, you, and Jesus and God!"

Wow!! What a beautiful thing to hear that the little girl was thankful for Jesus! How cool is that!? It made my heart happy! It reminded me of the song:

"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world,
Red and yellow, black and white, all our precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world!"


The children can sure drive me crazy some days! but today they WERE all precious and my giant blessing! I am definitely thankful for them and for Jesus! Thanks Jesus for that blessing today!

"Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always give thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:19-20

Blessings from Patrice!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to have the children share their blessings with you, and now you shared it with the world--very cool!

    Now I wonder what other occasion you can use to invite the children share...

    ReplyDelete