Saturday, November 7, 2009

Encouraging Blessing

Ok I have to confess . . I was complaining today. I'm in my "40's" now and I'm not liking it! I'm trying to embrace "middle age" but it's not coming natural and easy. It's hitting me like a ton of bricks!

You see, I "skated" through life without nearly and ache or a pain. God really blessed me for those first 40 years! So now when I do get an ache or a pain it's a new and foreign thing for me and I think I'm dying or something!

Seriously, some days I feel like I'm 87 instead of 47! My joints ache, my back aches, my stomach aches, my head aches, everything aches, aaaaaugh!

So I was complaining to my friend who is older and in her 50's. She said "Patrice, don't lose hope. It will get better! You go through changes and your body is just trying to adjust. I went through the same thing and now I'm in my 50's and I feel great!"

Just hearing those words was really encouraging and it was a blessing having a friend to talk to. I know we are all different, but I have hope now that maybe all these aches and pains too shall pass!

Remember to give someone an encouraging word. It might really make their day!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12:12-13

Blessings from Patrice!

2 comments:

  1. this is really cool. everyone should help others this way everyday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    It's good to know that I can look forward to feeling better the further I get into the fifties! Thanks for passing on the good news!

    ReplyDelete