Saturday, November 14, 2009

Courage Blessing

I was asked recently if I would get up in front of the church congregation and give an offering appeal and say a prayer. My first initial thought was "NO WAY! I'm not getting up there!"

But actually I think it was an answer to a prayer. I've been wanting to do something like that for awhile now to try and face my fears.

You see, it's just been recent that I've come out of my little "shell". I was an introvert for quite a few years. I've always had a hard time talking let alone talking in front of a crowd of people! So it was a really hard decision but I decided to go for it!

I did alot of preparing! I gathered together everything I was going to say. My daughter pretended to be the audience and I practiced in front of her. She even made crying baby noises just in case there was a crying baby in the audience to make it realistic! ha ha! She really helped me.

And I said prayers . . LOTS of prayers . . . I prayed for courage and strength and for my words to be God's words and to be a blessing to others and to not "choke" when I get up there!

And the day finally came . . . Today was the day!! and guess what?! I did it! I made it all the way through perfectly and I wasn't even nervous! What a cool feeling it was to overcome that fear! The next time will be easier now! Thanks Jesus for blessing me with the gift of courage today.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7

Blessings from Patrice!

1 comment:

  1. What a great milestone!
    I wish I could have been there...I would have been in the amen section for sure!

    I think practicing with Alani was good for both of you!

    ReplyDelete